Ships in the Sunset - Poster
- Discount code: X-MAS-40
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Order by December 10th and get guaranteed delivery by Christmas - make your festive season special!
- Delivery 4 - 6 working days*
- Worldwide Secure Delivery
What do we see in this poster?
This one on one Poster At first glance, the printed mural shows some sailing ships that appear to be anchored on a river or in a quiet bay and are silhouetted against the cloudy evening sky. One of the ships has already lowered its sails and is preparing for the night. The other ship has still set its sails. Maybe it still has to reach the next port. In the background, an old paddle steamer sails along the river, showing that we are in a bygone era, perhaps around the 1900s in North America. We see how the ships are reflected in the calm water and you can almost see the cooling winds blowing around your face. It's a dreamy, almost romantic mood that makes it easy to imagine ourselves looking at the water on a golden evening while the gentle rocking of the boat slowly lulls us to sleep.
Where can this poster hang?
Printed on a poster, this mural carries a relaxing aura. It is neither too complex nor overloaded with details. This work is about the mood it creates. We recommend this image for quiet places, perhaps a bedroom or a living room. Put yourself in this world and dream about it.
Image resolution quality
Original image size: 4368 x 3096 px, 300 dpi, 24 bit
This work of art is made by the Boston Public Library made available.
- original title: Boats at Sunset
- Artist: Turner, Ross (1847 - 1915)
- Publisher: L. Prang & Co.
- Date: ca. 1861–1897
- Format: Prints
- Genre: Chromolithographs Marine prints
- Location: Boston Public Library > Arts Department > Box 38 - Landscapes and Nautical: Winslow Homer (shelf locator)
- Collection (local): Louis Prang & Company Collection
We regularly donate to the library using the links below.