Cardinal Flowers - Poster
- Discount code: X-MAS-40
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Order by December 10th and get guaranteed delivery by Christmas - make your festive season special!
- Delivery 4 - 6 working days*
- Worldwide Secure Delivery
What do we see in this poster?
This mural printed on a poster shows the so-called cardinal flower. It is quite unknown in Europe as it is primarily native to northeastern America. It thrives particularly in swampy regions, where its striking, intense red color immediately catches the eye. The background of the picture is in a warm and natural brown tone, underlining the red of the flowers. In addition to the cardinal flower, white flowers of an unknown plant species can be found in the picture. They soften the strong red/green coloring of the work and add a few subtle accents. Apparently someone put these plants in a vase, which the shadows in the background tell us. A good choice to brighten up rooms!
Where can this poster hang?
This mural printed on a poster is recommended to every plant lover, especially because of the unknown nature of this plant in our regions. By bringing this plant home, you can get a little closer to the nature of another continent.
Image resolution quality
Original image size: 3570 x 4872 px, 300 dpi, 24 bit
This work of art is made by the Boston Public Library made available.
- original title: Cardinal Flowers
- Artist: Fisher, Ellen T.
- Publisher: L. Prang & Co.
- Datum: that. 1861–1897
- Format: Prints
- Genre: Chromolithographs Still life prints
- Location: Boston Public Library / Arts Department / Box 58 - Flowers (shelf locator)
- Collection (local): Louis Prang & Company Collection
We regularly donate to the library using the links below.