Balsam and Spiraea - Poster
- Discount code: X-MAS-40
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Order by December 10th and get guaranteed delivery by Christmas - make your festive season special!
- Delivery 4 - 6 working days*
- Worldwide Secure Delivery
What do we see in this work of art?
This poster shows a bouquet of different types of plants. The title refers us to so-called “Spiraea” and “Balsam”. These are not a single plant, but describe an entire genus of plants, a multitude of different species. These also include the plants in our shrub. At first glance, we notice the intense red and white colors of the almost fairytale-like flowers, which distract from the green of the stems and leaves. Despite the dynamism in the picture, the piece of nature depicted always has a calming effect on people. This is how the image gets its name, as balsam has long been known for its calming powers.
Where can this mural hang?
This mural printed on a poster is particularly impressive with its bright colors and dynamic flower shapes. It fits in many places, for example in a waiting area or in a living room.
Image resolution quality
Original image size: 4080 x 5440 px, 300 dpi, 24 bit
This work of art is made by the Boston Public Library made available.
- original title: Balm and Spiraea
- Artist: Fisher, Ellen T.
- Publisher: L. Prang & Co.
- Datum: that. 1866
- Format: Prints
- Genre: Chromolithographs Still life prints
- Location: Boston Public Library / Arts Department / Box 58 - Flowers (shelf locator)
- Collection (local): Louis Prang & Company Collection
We regularly donate to the library using the links below.