Everyday thoughts and events
If you look closely at the paintings by the artist Misun Kim, they impress with their great detail and special naturalness. Mi-sun Kim's works have an absolute uniqueness due to the slightly faded or aged color scheme. Artist Misun Kim has continuously worked to naturally and faithfully revive these aged colors of the traditional and centuries-old folk paintings (Minhwa), instead of working with a more modern color scheme that is popular in Korea today. Through her work, she reinterprets these folk images so that we can view them from a completely different perspective.
Through her work without any aids but only with breath control and concentration, she clears up our misunderstanding and prejudice that traditional painting is boring and monotonous. In the works created through this process we encounter a world of painting that goes beyond the traditional aesthetic view and is more in line with the modern sense. Likewise, her works are proof that the calm and flat aesthetics of the past are in no way inferior to the dynamic and varied aesthetics of the present. For her long agonies and efforts, Misun Kim, who still longs for the traditional aesthetics we have forgotten, deserves all the recognition and support she can get.
- The 8th, 9th and 10th Changyeon Minhwa Exhibition (2012, 2014, 2017)
- Solo exhibition of the International Festival of Cultural Arts (KICAF) (2014)
- Participation in the Milan Art Festival 2017
- Korea Folklore Promotion Association, Award for Excellence in National Folklore Competitions (2017)
- 2018 solo exhibition THE DH ART
- Participated in the Leipzig Art Fair 2017, Art3f Bruxelle 2017
Artwork by Misun Kim
|Flowers, butterflies and frog||Butterflies on grape tree|
|Peonies||Tiger and magpie|